Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Chester Chen <ch...@webwarecorp.com> on 2002/04/03 20:45:51 UTC

Basic Question: geting WSDL from deployed service, can someone he lp ?

First, I like to share some comments with deployment descriptors

I finally got my service deployed through .wsdd file. The documentation is
really unclear  and I
have to read  the AdminClient.java's code to figure out what's required.  It
turns out that I need to put to use

java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient -l <axis-servlet-url> <.wsdd file>

similarly for list
java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient -l <axis-servlet-url> list

where <axis-servlet-url> is
   <http://>
:/axis/servlet/AxisServlet">http://<host>:<port>/axis/servlet/AxisServlet

host is default to localhost
port is defaullt to 8080

if it happens that your port is not 8080, you will get connection refused
error.

Now, my question:
    Once I deployed, I should be able to get my WSDL through following

 <http://>
:/axis/services/?wsdl">http://<host>:<port>/axis/services/<service-name>?wsd

When I tried it,  I always got java.lang.NullPointerException

even for the java files which works file through  .jws approach
 <http://>
:/axis/services/myFIle.jws?wsdl">http://<host>:<port>/axis/services/myFIle.j
ws?wsdl

Can someone give me some pointer ?