Posted to general@xml.apache.org by "Holscher, David M" <Da...@nav-international.com> on 2000/03/10 13:08:20 UTC

JAXP classes

I've downloaded both the source and bin zip files for Xerces and neither
appear to contain the JAXP classes. Is the CVS repository the only place to
get those files?

Re: JAXP classes

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
Mike Pogue wrote:

> In the mean time, until Sun responds, you can get the classes directly out of
> the CVS repository!  They should work, and if you find any bugs, please report them!

Sun's reply will be the final release of the spec... Hopefully soon...

	Pier

Re: JAXP classes

Posted by Mike Pogue <mp...@apache.org>.
Yep, we're trying to confirm that Apache has the right to implement these classes.
If you look inside the JSR5 (JAXP) spec, there's a license agreement.  There's
also a different license agreement when you try to download Sun's JAXP reference implementation.
Some of the clauses are scary, so we're trying to get some clarification that it's OK
to implement these classes.

In the mean time, until Sun responds, you can get the classes directly out of
the CVS repository!  They should work, and if you find any bugs, please report them!

Thanks,
Mike

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.

It seems not... Since you're NOT subscribed to general@xml.apache.org
thru the alawy.ahmed@ieee.org address... I just checked...

> Your system is not letting go and I have heard lots of "stupid" comments
> from stupid conceited developers of yours.

The system is working perfectly, if only users would care to READ what's
in xml.apache.org/mail.html

> I hate to see my mailbox flooded with unasked-for-emails like this.

I hate it too....

> A supporter of apache who is losing patience.

The webmaster who is losing patience...

	Pier

<ma...@betaversion.org>      <http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/>

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
"Ahmed M. Alawy" wrote:

> I am a supporter of the Apache project but this affection is getting sticky!
>
> I have to flood your mailing list with unsubscribe me emails and I do not
> trust your system to unsubscribe me.

Hmmm. Exactly One subscribe and one unsubscribe.

> I have tried to unsubscribe myself several times. I am using Microsoft
> Outlook and my email alawy.ahmed@ieee.org is the only email the system
> knows. I am not able to unsubscribe myself. This is the email I subscribed
> to and this is the same email address that I am getting emails to. Like I
> said, I have this mail client on my NT box with direct connection to the
> internet. So no confusion on my side. For God's sake, I have written mailing
> systems before and know what it takes to subscribe-unsubscribe.

> Your system is not letting go and I have heard lots of "stupid" comments
> from stupid conceited developers of yours.

You can always use the -owner syntax to reach the owner without bothering
the world. Secondly there is no 'alawy.ahmed@ieee.org' subscribed at this
moment in time to any @xml.apache.org list.

You subscribed on 	Sat Feb 19 23:24:29 2000
And you unsubscribed 	Fri Mar 17 17:21:55 2000

There are no failed (un)subscribtion attempts from your domain @ieee.org.

> I hate to see my mailbox flooded with unasked-for-emails like this.
> A supporter of apache who is losing patience.

I guess you are not the only one :-) If you want to actually _HELP_
please email me privately with the exact times/dates you tried to
(un)subscribe, the error you got back, if any, and if possible the
message ID's. If you have the IP or C-Class from which you send the
msg, that is even better. And I'll try to get to the bottom of it.

As it seems to work for a lot of people generally. (20 on/off rq's
in the last days).

Dw

Posted by "Ahmed M. Alawy" <al...@ieee.org>.
[...]

Ahmed M. Alawy
Senior Software Engineer,
Swiss Bank.

Re: JAXP classes

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
> "Holscher, David M" wrote:
>
> I've downloaded both the source and bin zip files for Xerces and
> neither appear to contain the JAXP classes. Is the CVS repository the
> only place to get those files?

Yes... Until the specification is not final, those cannot be included
into a final distribution... I just hope that James is pulling out the
final one ASAP...

	Pier