Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mezigue <ap...@free.fr> on 2009/12/31 12:57:03 UTC

How to create a maven local repository

Hi,

In preceeding Maven version, there was a way to build and initiate a local
repository via the CLI :

%MAVEN_HOME%\bin\install_repo.bat %HOME%\.maven\repository

And this command created a repository and loaded some core xxxx.jar

By now, when I unzip maven2, under \bin I don't find any more a script to
build a local repository.

Looking at the Maven doc, I found I have to use Nexus ?!? Why not, but it's
a so different way to build a local repository !

And, on Nexus site, I found either to buy Nexus pro !!! or use m2eclipse ;
why should I use eclipe ??

Well, I'm lost.

Isn't it a simple way as before to build and initiate de local repository ?

Thanks for help

Re: How to create a maven local repository

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@adesso.at>.
> On 12/31/09 10:15 AM, Mezigue wrote:
>> Hi Roland,
>>
>> Thanks for your advice.
>>
>> You are certainly right ; to be true, I should say "you are surely
>> right" !
>> :)
>>
>> Of course, I have no reason to initiate a local repository, but, why was
>> this necessary in the previous version of Maven ?? And I've not found
>> any
>> advertisement about this in release notes.
>>
> Just a word of advice - don't think of Maven 2 and Maven 1 as being the
> same piece of software - they share some concepts, but ultimately are
> very different. Maven 2 release notes are unlikely to reference changes
> from Maven 1.
>
> Justin

And exactly THAT was probably the reason you needed to do that before:
because you were using Maven 1. :-)

Roland

Re: How to create a maven local repository

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
On 12/31/09 10:15 AM, Mezigue wrote:
> Hi Roland,
>
> Thanks for your advice.
>
> You are certainly right ; to be true, I should say "you are surely right" !
> :)
>
> Of course, I have no reason to initiate a local repository, but, why was
> this necessary in the previous version of Maven ?? And I've not found any
> advertisement about this in release notes.

Just a word of advice - don't think of Maven 2 and Maven 1 as being the
same piece of software - they share some concepts, but ultimately are
very different. Maven 2 release notes are unlikely to reference changes
from Maven 1.

Justin

RE: How to create a maven local repository

Just run Maven on a project and everything will solve itself!

Or is there a specific reason you only want this initial repository?

Roland

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@adesso.at>.
Hi,