Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/31 06:22:35 UTC

Re: [Struts Wiki] Update of "StrutsMaintenanceWebsite" by WendySmoak

On 10/29/06, Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> wrote:

> +  * Add a line with 'umask 002' to both ~/.bash_profile and ~/.bashrc .  The former is used when you log in, the latter for remote ssh commands (such as when publishing the site with Maven.)  This will make the files group writeable, so that other people in the 'struts' group can update them.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work.  If the file isn't group writeable
locally, it will never be group writeable when you upload it.

Oh, well.  Back to
   ssh people.apache.org 'chmod -Rf g+w /path/to/whatever/I/uploaded'
every time.

--
Wendy