Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Adarsh Sastry <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2012/12/03 06:41:00 UTC

PIG Reference Project for Learning Purposes

Hello:
I am new to HADOOP. I had gone through and practiced various topics and basic exercises given in the PIG text book. I am looking for a project to do as a POC and get a much thorough understanding of PIGLatin. Can any one point me to any blog or site which has information & data about a project thats already implemented or designed for learners.

Any help will be greatly appeciated.

Rgds
Adarsh

Re: PIG Reference Project for Learning Purposes

Posted by Jonathan Coveney <jc...@gmail.com>.
Hey Adarsh!

I would recommend going through the open, but uncompleted JIRA's for Pig.
If one looks like something you can tackle, we're all willing to help out.

Jon