Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Philippe Couas <pc...@infodev.fr> on 2008/05/15 14:42:49 UTC

FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK 4.1

Hi,

I have an Server programm sending mail to an PC. This PC reading mail
then forward it to user group.
Mails are reading correctly, but when it was forwarded, it is SPAMMED
with

FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK 4.1

How could i avoid it ?

Regards
Philippe

Re: FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK 4.1

Posted by Randy Ramsdell <rr...@livedatagroup.com>.
Philippe Couas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an Server programm sending mail to an PC. This PC reading mail
> then forward it to user group.
> Mails are reading correctly, but when it was forwarded, it is SPAMMED
> with
>
> FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK 4.1
>
> How could i avoid it ?
>
> Regards
> Philippe

Find out why it is being flagged. ( Read the rule then compare it to the
message header ) How else?

Re: FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK 4.1

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 15.05.08 14:42, Philippe Couas wrote:
> I have an Server programm sending mail to an PC. This PC reading mail
> then forward it to user group.

why doesn't the program send mailjust to the user group??

> Mails are reading correctly, but when it was forwarded, it is SPAMMED
> with
>
> FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK 4.1
>
> How could i avoid it ?

the "PC reading mail" is probably microsoft outlook client configured to
read mail and forward it right?

it's most probably because the program adds a header Microsoft Outlook does
not use, the Outlook adds its signature, so SA thinks there's program trying
to fake outlook but having features (the mentioned header) outlook does not
have.

Much of spamware fakes outlook headers and that is why FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK
has so big score.

Due to unexpected conditions Windows 2000 will be released
in first quarter of year 1901