Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by socio_pal <so...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/08 23:15:55 UTC

Can I use the same CSV file for all my Jmeter instances

Hi:
For my DB Performance testing,  I have a client and 2 jmeter servers running
30 threads each. If I have just one CSV file for both the instances, can
someone tell me how the threads will read the file? For eg., will the thread
1 of instance A read row1 of xyz.csv file and thread 1 of instance B read
row2 of xyz.csv file? I want each thread to read different rows without any
conflicts. Otherwise,  I get the Unique Constraint error from the Database.
Can anyone please tell me how this can be done. I really need an answer for
this. Its urgent.

Thanks.

Re: Can I use the same CSV file for all my Jmeter instances

Posted by socio_pal <so...@yahoo.com>.
Hi:
As you have mentioned, if I want to use different files for different
instances, then should it be enough to just put the files in the same
directory as the testplan or do i have mention it in each instance's test
paln's Data configuration sampler?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.