Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Manjula G Kutty <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/24 00:07:27 UTC

jdbcapi/setTransactionIsolation.java fails on ibm15

The test jdbcapi/setTransactionIsolation.java fails on ibm15. The diff
is as follows:

675 del
< EXPECTED EXCEPTION SQLSTATE:X0X03 Invalid transaction state - held
cursor requires same isolation level
675 add
 > FAIL: setTransactionIsolation() did not throw exception with open
hold cursor

What the test is trying to do at this step,  is trying to change the
isolation level of a connection while the connection holds an open
cursor. It is a negative test and the test expects an SQL Exception
thrown by jvm.
But on ibm15, The test passes without any exception. If you do the same
test through ij, you will get the required exception.
The test does it's job on sunjdk15. So I suspect it is something to do
with the ibmjvm.

Also I have the same suspecion about the test jdbcapi/blobclob4BLOB.java

The diff for this test is attached since it is big. does anyone has any
idea about this?

Thanks,
Manjula