Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Held, James E." <jh...@dtcc.com> on 2014/11/20 15:37:08 UTC

Logging in Maven 3.1.1

We'd like to log all maven activity to one common place by changing the logging.properties settings as shown below

org.slf4j.simpleLogger.showDateTime=false
org.slf4j.simpleLogger.showLogName=false
org.slf4j.simpleLogger.logFile=E:\Mavenlogs\Mavenlog.txt

Running under Win 7

Except it writes the logs in the directory that the command was written in, not the E Drive directory.

Am I doing something wrong?

Jim Held
IT Architecture
DTCC Jersey City
212-855-5733
jheld@dtcc.com<ma...@dtcc.com>

[cid:image003.jpg@01CE0F89.AB571430]

DTCC Confidential (Yellow)

Learn what's new at DTCC: Visit us at www.dtcc.com<http://www.dtcc.com/> or follow us on Twitter @The_DTCC <https://twitter.com/The_DTCC>  and on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/6915?trk=saber_s000001e_1000>.

DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Re: Logging in Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello,

you need to escape : and \ in properties files:

org.slf4j.simpleLogger.logFile=E\:\\Mavenlogs\\Mavenlog.txt

BTW: this is a maven users question.

Gruss
Bernd