Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ghaith Bannoura <gb...@etq.com> on 2016/12/02 19:50:49 UTC

Basic And advanced Zone Copy templates

Hello All,

I have a basic zone that working normally , I created another advanced zone , once completed the system VMS are up and running , I tried to create a VM and error appear related for system Vm for virtual router(can' create it) , I checked the system Vm templates in the new advanced zone and its not downloaded (not ready ) tried to copy it using API with error (HTTP Server returned 403 (expected 200 OK) I searched for and found that he system VMs should contact each either using private ip address not public ip address , please advise how can I resolve this issue .

Please note that the basic zone its have the same subnet and gateway for guest and public ips also my setup is xenserver 6.5 with ACS 4.8

Best Regards,
EtQ, Inc.
Ghaith Bannoura
Senior System Administrator
MCT, MCSE (Messaging, Server Infrastructure)
MCSA (Windows Server 2008, 2012), MCP

*  Phone: +9626-537-0923 Ext. 376
*  Gbannoura@etq.com <ma...@etq.com>
*   http://www.etq.com<http://www.etq.com/>

Re: Basic And advanced Zone Copy templates

Posted by Suresh Sadhu <su...@accelerite.com>.
HI,

In your statement you are saying systemvms are up and running   and other side you are saying system vm templates are not downloaded .. can you elaborate little bit more abt ur setup ..  did you add additional cluster ?.
also check the folder permission on secondary folder.
apply or run this  chmod 777 /secondary -R and  destroy or stop and start the system vms  .

All check the network reachability  and  advanced zone  network configuration is different form basic zone  config. please go through below link hope you will get answer to questions.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/SSVM,+templates,+Secondary+storage+troubleshooting

regards
sadhu

> On Dec 3, 2016, at 1:20 AM, Ghaith Bannoura <gb...@etq.com> wrote:
>
> Hello All,
>
> I have a basic zone that working normally , I created another advanced zone , once completed the system VMS are up and running , I tried to create a VM and error appear related for system Vm for virtual router(can' create it) , I checked the system Vm templates in the new advanced zone and its not downloaded (not ready ) tried to copy it using API with error (HTTP Server returned 403 (expected 200 OK) I searched for and found that he system VMs should contact each either using private ip address not public ip address , please advise how can I resolve this issue .
>
> Please note that the basic zone its have the same subnet and gateway for guest and public ips also my setup is xenserver 6.5 with ACS 4.8
>

> Best Regards,
> EtQ, Inc.
> Ghaith Bannoura
> Senior System Administrator
> MCT, MCSE (Messaging, Server Infrastructure)
> MCSA (Windows Server 2008, 2012), MCP
>
> *  Phone: +9626-537-0923 Ext. 376
> *  Gbannoura@etq.com <ma...@etq.com>
> *   http://www.etq.com<http://www.etq.com/>

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.