Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Daniel Qian <da...@bestningning.com> on 2009/03/27 19:17:18 UTC

[users@httpd] unexpected connection to ldap

ldap is installed on the server for other purposes such as ftp, ssh
authentication but not configured for Apache anywhere within the conf files.
However I am still seeing quite a few connections from httpd to ldap server.
Any suggestions why this is happenning? httpd is installed from source code
compiling and my configuration options as follows:

./configure --enable-mods-shared=most --enable-ssl --enable-unique-id

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: [users@httpd] unexpected connection to ldap

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
2009/3/27 Daniel Qian <da...@bestningning.com>:
> ldap is installed on the server for other purposes such as ftp, ssh
> authentication but not configured for Apache anywhere within the conf files.
> However I am still seeing quite a few connections from httpd to ldap server.
> Any suggestions why this is happenning? httpd is installed from source code
> compiling and my configuration options as follows:
>
> ./configure --enable-mods-shared=most --enable-ssl --enable-unique-id

if your system uses LDAP via /etc/nsswitch.conf or equivalent, you'll
see this due to innocuous things like initgroups() or get*ent

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com