Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by James Holmes <ja...@jamesholmes.com> on 2007/08/14 15:20:39 UTC

[s2] 2.0.10 release - when?

Since the 2.0.X releases are small point releases, I'm all for releasing 2.0.10
soon. I'd like to see a regular schedule for these releases so we can keep fixing
the minor issues and getting these fixes out to the users. This will help Struts
2 attract new users. It seems 2.1 is still a ways out (although I'd like to see
us put some scope around that and make a rough estimate of a goal when we'd like
to get it out).

My vote is to release 2.0.10 with the WW-2107 security fix instead of doing a
special security fix release. I think we can wait the normal 72 hours that a
"regular" release requires.

Thoughts?

That said, we need a release manager. I'm happy to work on bugs, but don't have
time to pour into learning all of the release steps and setting up the required
infrastructure on my machine right now.

James

Re: [s2] 2.0.10 release - when?

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
The other thing that might help speed up the process would be to
follow up on the Selenium tests that Martin Gilday started

* http://www.nabble.com/Release-process-and-release-Maven-plugin-%28WAS%3A-Re%3A-Voting-Process-%28was-Re%3A-Struts-2.0.9-release-%28WAS%3A-Re%3A-S2-security-fix-release-planning-%28XWork-2.0.4-is-out%29%29%29%29-tf4164719.html#a11934860

Actually testing the Showcase UI is a *huge* time sink.

-T.

Re: [s2] 2.0.10 release - when?

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.