Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jon Evans <jo...@misgl.com> on 2005/03/30 16:32:00 UTC

What's the svn revision number of release 2.1.7?

Hi all,

What revision number do I plug into "svn up -r" in BRANCH_2_1_X to
update my repository to relase 2.1.7?  Sorry if it's already been
mentioned somewhere but I searched the mailing list archives and the
website and couldn't see it.

Thanks,

Jon

--

Merlin Information Systems Limited,
Merlin House, Gawcott Road, Buckingham, United Kingdom. MK18 1TN

http://www.misgl.com

Provider of IT Services and Online Portal Support Services.

Confidentiality:
The information contained in this email (including any attachments) is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee. Access, copying or re-use of the information in it by any other person is not authorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by telephone or by e-mail to admin@misgl.com

*** This mail has been scanned for viruses ***

Re: What's the svn revision number of release 2.1.7?

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 10:04:29AM +0100, Jon Evans wrote:
> Hi Giacomo,
>
> On 30 Mar 2005, at 20:39, Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 03:32:00PM +0100, Jon Evans wrote:
> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>What revision number do I plug into "svn up -r" in BRANCH_2_1_X to
> >>update my repository to relase 2.1.7?  Sorry if it's already been
> >>mentioned somewhere but I searched the mailing list archives and the
> >>website and couldn't see it.
> >
> >Whats the reason to update near a release if one can check it out with
> >
> >svn switch http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/RELEASE_2_1_7
>
> Thanks (& thanks to Upayavira and Vadim).  They say the only stupid
> question is the one not asked.  :) I've learned a bit about svn from
> your replies, and they're also now archived on the mailing list for the
> next person who wants to know.

I'm sorry if you had the impression I thought it was a stupid question.
I was just wondering (stupidly assuming everybody has the same
background on SVN as I do) why one would care about revision numbers as
they are more or less useless in SVN (compared to CVS).

Ciao

Giacomo

Posted by Jon Evans <jo...@misgl.com>.
Hi Giacomo,

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Jon Evans wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> What revision number do I plug into "svn up -r" in BRANCH_2_1_X to
> update my repository to relase 2.1.7?  Sorry if it's already been
> mentioned somewhere but I searched the mailing list archives and the
> website and couldn't see it.

Check this URL:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/tags/

You'll see that the revision shown there is 158761. That would seem like
a pretty good number to go on.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: What's the svn revision number of release 2.1.7?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Jon Evans wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> What revision number do I plug into "svn up -r" in BRANCH_2_1_X to
> update my repository to relase 2.1.7?  Sorry if it's already been
> mentioned somewhere but I searched the mailing list archives and the
> website and couldn't see it.

You need
   http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/tags/RELEASE_2_1_7/

You can see it's revision is 158671

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/tags/RELEASE_2_1_7/legal/?rev=158761&view=log

You can see it's copied from BRANCH_2_1_X revision 158760
   http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/tags/RELEASE_2_1_7/?rev=158761&view=log

Vadim