Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frank Bourdache <fr...@fr.renault-sport-f1.com> on 2001/11/13 19:05:45 UTC

Portlet and character encoding issue

Hi,

I'm currently using Portlet architecture within a Tomcat 4.0 server and
the kind of queries I sent to my Portal look like this :

http://myServer:8080/myServlet/myPortlet.ptl/myOperation(%60This%20is%20%an%0aArgument%60)/mySecondOp(%60This%20is%20another%20Argument%20with%20a%20percent%25%20Character%60).html

I noticed that when this string contains %0a,%0d,%09 or even %25, my Arg string is truncated where this character appears.
For instance, I'll my requestURL will be http://myServer:8080/myServlet/myPortlet.ptl/myOperation(%60This%20is%20%an
and that's it !

This string is not truncated if I put my Args as a servlet parameter, but I can't migrate my architecture.
Any clues, or is is a well known limitation of the Tomcat URL parser ? any advises or by-pass ?

Thanks for your help.

/Frank