Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Joshua Fan <jo...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/03 11:03:17 UTC

How to submit a job with dependency jars by flink cli in Flink 1.4.2?

Hi,

I'd like to submit a job with dependency jars by flink run, but it failed.

Here is the script,

/usr/bin/hadoop/software/flink-1.4.2/bin/flink run \
-m yarn-cluster -yn 1 -ys 8 -yjm 2148 -ytm 4096 -ynm jarsTest \
-c StreamExample \
-C file:/home/work/xxx/lib/commons-math3-3.5.jar \
-C file:/home/work/xxx/lib/flink-connector-kafka-0.8_2.11-1.4.2.jar \
xxx-1.0.jar

As described in
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.5/ops/cli.html#usage
, "-C" means to provide the dependency jar.

After I execute the command, the job succeed to submit, but can not run in
flink cluster on yarn. Exceptions is like below:

org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTaskException: Cannot load
user class: org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kafka.FlinkKafkaConsumer08
ClassLoader info: URL ClassLoader:
    file: '/home/work/xxx/lib/commons-math3-3.5.jar' (missing)
    file: '/home/work/xxx/lib/flink-connector-kafka-0.8_2.11-1.4.2.jar'
(missing)
Class not resolvable through given classloader.
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.graph.StreamConfig.getStreamOperator(StreamConfig.java:232)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain.<init>(OperatorChain.java:95)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.invoke(StreamTask.java:231)
at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.run(Task.java:718)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

It appears that the two dependency jar cannot be found in TaskManager, so I
dig into the source code, from CliFrontend to PackagedProgram to
ClusterClient to JobGraph. It seems like the dependency jars is put in
classpath and userCodeClassLoader in PackagedProgram, but never upload to
the BlobServer in JobGraph where the xxx-1.0.jar is uploaded.

Am I missing something? In Flink 1.4.2, dependency jar is not supported?

Hope someone can give me some hint.

Appreciate it very mush.

Yours Sincerely

Joshua

Re: How to submit a job with dependency jars by flink cli in Flink 1.4.2?

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pi...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi,

I’m glad that you have found a solution to your problem :)

To shorten feedback you can/should test as much logic as possible using smaller unit tests and some small scale integration tests: https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/dev/stream/testing.html <https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/dev/stream/testing.html> . Usually there is no need for starting up full Flink cluster and submitting your WIP job during development. You can do such end to end tests only once before committing/pushing/merging/deploying.

Piotrek

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pi...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pi...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi,

Are those paths:
    file: '/home/work/xxx/lib/commons-math3-3.5.jar' (missing)
    file: '/home/work/xxx/lib/flink-connector-kafka-0.8_2.11-1.4.2.jar' (missing)

accessible from the inside of your container?

bin/flink run --help
(…)
     -C,--classpath <url>                 Adds a URL to each user code
                                          classloader  on all nodes in the
                                          cluster. The paths must specify a
                                          protocol (e.g. file://) and be
                                          accessible on all nodes (e.g. by means
                                          of a NFS share). You can use this
                                          option multiple times for specifying
                                          more than one URL. The protocol must
                                          be supported by the {@link
                                          java.net.URLClassLoader}.

Other nit, maybe the problem is with single slash after “file:”. You have
file:/home/...
While it might need to be
file://home/ <file://home/>...

Piotrek

Posted by Paul Lam <pa...@gmail.com>.

> 在 2018年8月3日,19:03,Joshua Fan <jo...@gmail.com> 写道:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to submit a job with dependency jars by flink run, but it failed.
>
> Here is the script,
>
> /usr/bin/hadoop/software/flink-1.4.2/bin/flink run \
> -m yarn-cluster -yn 1 -ys 8 -yjm 2148 -ytm 4096 -ynm jarsTest \
> -c StreamExample \
> -C file:/home/work/xxx/lib/commons-math3-3.5.jar \
> -C file:/home/work/xxx/lib/flink-connector-kafka-0.8_2.11-1.4.2.jar \
> xxx-1.0.jar
>
> As described in https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.5/ops/cli.html#usage , "-C" means to provide the dependency jar.
>
> After I execute the command, the job succeed to submit, but can not run in flink cluster on yarn. Exceptions is like below:
>
> org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTaskException: Cannot load user class: org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kafka.FlinkKafkaConsumer08
> ClassLoader info: URL ClassLoader:
>     file: '/home/work/xxx/lib/commons-math3-3.5.jar' (missing)
>     file: '/home/work/xxx/lib/flink-connector-kafka-0.8_2.11-1.4.2.jar' (missing)
> Class not resolvable through given classloader.
> 	at org.apache.flink.streaming.api.graph.StreamConfig.getStreamOperator(StreamConfig.java:232)
> 	at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain.<init>(OperatorChain.java:95)
> 	at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.invoke(StreamTask.java:231)
> 	at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.run(Task.java:718)
>
> It appears that the two dependency jar cannot be found in TaskManager, so I dig into the source code, from CliFrontend to PackagedProgram to ClusterClient to JobGraph. It seems like the dependency jars is put in classpath and userCodeClassLoader in PackagedProgram, but never upload to the BlobServer in JobGraph where the xxx-1.0.jar is uploaded.
>
> Am I missing something? In Flink 1.4.2, dependency jar is not supported?
>
> Hope someone can give me some hint.
>
> Appreciate it very mush.
>

> Yours Sincerely
>
> Joshua

Hi Joshua,

I think what you’re looking for is `-yt` option, which is used for distributing a specified directory via YARN to the TaskManager nodes. And you can find its description in the Flink client by executing `bin/flink`.

> -yt,--yarnship <arg>                 Ship files in the specified directory (t for transfer)

Best Regards,
Paul Lam