Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Manoj Samel <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/25 22:01:05 UTC

Question on {PER_CONTAINER} flag

Hello,

Just wanted to confirm my understanding of PER_CONTAINER for allocated
ports.

Looking @ AgentProviderService.java -

        if (!value.contains(PER_CONTAINER_TAG)) {
          // If the config property is shared then pass on the already
allocated value
          // from any container

If this flag is NOT set, then multiple containers (on same node) can share
same value

If this flag is set, then the sharing is not done.

It my understanding right?

Our use case is no two containers on same host should share the dynamic
ports we allocate, I am using PER_CONTAINER to allocate ports for these.

Please confirm ...

Thanks,