Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by WXR <14...@qq.com> on 2013/07/06 11:56:31 UTC

vm's disk io performance declines quickly after being created 0.5-1 hours later.

I create a windows 2003 server enterprise 32bit vm template.
When I use this template to create a vm instance and start the vm.The disk io performance is normal,it just takes 5 seconds to copy a 200MB file.And other files/directories copy jobs are very fask.

But 0.5-1 hours later,the vm need serveral minutes to copy a 200MB file,and all other files copy job become very slow.

I don't know if it is an issue of windows 2003 vm template,or cloudstack configuration,or storage configuration.
Does anyone meet the same issue?

Re: vm's disk io performance declines quickly after being created 0.5-1 hours later.

Posted by David Comerford <da...@gmail.com>.
Doesn't sounds like a CloudStack problem.
Spin up a Linux instance and see does it have the same problem.

Then apply some science and check I/O inside the instance. Then I/O on the
primary storage device.
Keep an eye on the storage NICs too.

Does you host have enough RAM? Maybe it's booting up in main memory and
starting to swap over the hour.

Best regards,
David Comerford
Mobile: +353 87 1238295