Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ferenc Kiraly <fe...@mobitel.si> on 2003/03/13 14:18:26 UTC

authentication framework

	hi!

The documentation for the authentication framework for cocoon 2.0.5-dev
says I can use a java class as the authentication resource. Quote:

<quote>
The authentication can be done by different components:

         * A sitemap resource.
         * A distant resource, e.g. requested via HTTP.
         * A java class.
</quote>

How do I supply a Java class as the authentication resource and what
must that class implement?

	feri.

Re: authentication framework

Posted by Ferenc Kiraly <fe...@mobitel.si>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Ferenc Kiraly wrote:
>
>>Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>
>>>The docs are a little bit out of date :)
>>>So, actually it's not possible to *directly* use a class.
>>>The only solution right now, is to write a custom
>>>generator (= class) and put this in a sitemap pipeline
>>>which is then triggered by the authentication framework.
>>
>>What a shame :-(
>>
>>Writing a generator was my backup plan, so I guess I will go with it.
>>
>>But I think it would be much more elegant if it would be possible
>>to supply a class instead of a pipeline. I suspect it would also be
>>much more efficient. After the generator is finished, the output is
>>serialized and then parsed. If a class could be supplied, it could
>>return a Source object and we could skip the serialization (at least).
>>

> Yes, an extra class with an defined interface is a better solution,
> that's right.
> I know, the following sentence sounds odd, but: Consider applying a
> patch that provides the functionality.
> :)

Actually, it did cross my mind, but I am in a hurry to finish this
project and the next project should have already started :-(

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Ferenc Kiraly <fe...@mobitel.si>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> The docs are a little bit out of date :)
> So, actually it's not possible to *directly* use a class.
> The only solution right now, is to write a custom
> generator (= class) and put this in a sitemap pipeline
> which is then triggered by the authentication framework.

What a shame :-(

Writing a generator was my backup plan, so I guess I will go with it.

But I think it would be much more elegant if it would be possible
to supply a class instead of a pipeline. I suspect it would also be
much more efficient. After the generator is finished, the output is
serialized and then parsed. If a class could be supplied, it could
return a Source object and we could skip the serialization (at least).

	feri.

P.S. Cocoon is awesome. Keep on the good work, as the cliche goes.

RE: authentication framework

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
The docs are a little bit out of date :)
So, actually it's not possible to *directly* use a class.
The only solution right now, is to write a custom
generator (= class) and put this in a sitemap pipeline
which is then triggered by the authentication framework.

HTH
Carsten