Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Oleg Timofeyev <li...@2xdigi.com> on 2001/10/25 20:08:14 UTC

Try #3: services and threads

Is there somethin gwrong with the list? its my third try to post this
message in last 12 hours and still nothing. I apologize in advance if all 3
will come through.

Hi,

I deploy a service with session scope and provide a method that takes in
username, password, textid, and returns a lot of content(document). With
Apache SOAP, should I be concerned with making this method synchronized or
anything else that has to do with threads, if there is a possibility of a
client making hundreds calls to this method simultaneously. appreciate any
thoughts, comments, HELP on that :)

Thanks,
Oleg

Re: Try #3: services and threads

Posted by Jason Pollard <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Oleg,

I'm no expert on the topic, but Apache SOAP runs as a servlet, so your services
would be subject to the same limitations, so... yes, I think you should be
careful of synchronization in your soap services.

--Jason

http://personals.yahoo.com

Re: Try #3: services and threads

Posted by Jason Pollard <ja...@yahoo.com>.