Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2012/06/01 12:40:26 UTC

Re: Tips or a cookbook

the best way to learn widget is use a xml editor that will give you each
valid element as you build the file.
you can also read the Schema file for the widget and the comments buried
in them.
FTL is how to build files to have it rendered has html.
you marshal the data for the ftl through the grovy files.
if you use screen widgets you can fall the grooby from there.
otherwise name the groovy the same as the FTl file and it will be
executed before the FTL is called.
there are plenty of examples in code.
expect about a year to learn all the in and outs of ofbiz, minimum.

G.Ben sent the following on 5/31/2012 12:51 AM:

Re: Tips or a cookbook

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
LOL try it with no documentation there is now.
a year is a short time.

G.Ben sent the following on 6/1/2012 3:57 AM:

Re: Tips or a cookbook

Posted by "G.Ben" <g....@gmail.com>.

Re: Tips or a cookbook

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I only deal with ofbiz as the modeling it started with for UI.
this is where a Rendering engine is created and defined in the
controller, and ftl are used as the basis for the rendering.

That said, I also use FTL to prsent a UI front end that is just links to
other pages. In that I still use a standard screen widget to call it.

I resist other ways to interact with other web systems.

Deepak Agarwal sent the following on 6/1/2012 4:03 AM:

Re: Tips or a cookbook

Posted by Deepak Agarwal <da...@gmail.com>.
BJ Freeman/All,