Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by prem yadav <ip...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/08 15:20:46 UTC

I recently used a backup tool to back up all my HDFS data to S3. The data
is on S3 in multiparts.
I need to test the restore now. Could you please give me some pointers on
how to test this.

1) Do I need to create another cluster? The data is around 3 TB in size.
2) How do I upload multipart data from S3 to HDFS cluster?

regards,
Prem

Re: Loading data from S3

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Why all the unsubscription requests are coming to this address??

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

Re: Loading data from S3

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: Loading data from S3

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: Loading data from S3

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: Loading data from S3

Posted by Wil Moore III <wi...@wilmoore.com>.
unsubscribe

Re: Loading data from S3

Posted by prem yadav <ip...@gmail.com>.
I have used the tool Hbackup from https://github.com/urbanairship/hbackup

I will look into S3distcp. The name suggests ot should be sufficient for me
to load the data.
However I have a more generic question. How do people who backup the Hbase
data tables to S3 test the restore.

My backup ran for about a day and there were a couple of exceptions in the
logs. How do I test the table? Do I need to recreate the hadoop/Hbase
cluster and test whether everything went well?

regards,
Prem

Re: Loading data from S3

Posted by prem yadav <ip...@gmail.com>.

Unsubscribe

Posted by "Zhao, Frank (usd)" <fr...@emc.com>.
unsubscribe

On 2012-8-8, at 22:06, "Browning,Jeremy" <br...@oclc.org>> wrote:

unsubscribe

Posted by "Zhao, Frank (usd)" <fr...@emc.com>.
unsubscribe

Unsubscribe

Posted by "Zhao, Frank (usd)" <fr...@emc.com>.
unsubscribe

Unsubscribe

Posted by "Zhao, Frank (usd)" <fr...@emc.com>.
unsubscribe

RE: unsubscribe

Posted by "Browning,Jeremy" <br...@oclc.org>.
unsubscribe

RE: unsubscribe

Posted by "Browning,Jeremy" <br...@oclc.org>.
unsubscribe

Re: unsubscribe

Posted by Studytime <st...@gmail.com>.
Unsubscribe

-- sent from my mobile

Ryan Rosario <uc...@gmail.com> 於 Aug 8, 2012 10:05 PM 寫道:

Re: unsubscribe

Posted by Studytime <st...@gmail.com>.
Unsubscribe

Re: unsubscribe

Posted by Studytime <st...@gmail.com>.
Unsubscribe

Re: unsubscribe

Posted by Studytime <st...@gmail.com>.
Unsubscribe

Re: unsubscribe

Posted by Studytime <st...@gmail.com>.
Unsubscribe

Re: unsubscribe

Posted by Studytime <st...@gmail.com>.
Unsubscribe

Re: unsubscribe

Posted by Studytime <st...@gmail.com>.
Unsubscribe

Re: unsubscribe

Posted by Studytime <st...@gmail.com>.
Unsubscribe

Re: unsubscribe

Posted by Ryan Rosario <uc...@gmail.com>.
unsubscribe

Re: unsubscribe

Posted by Ryan Rosario <uc...@gmail.com>.
unsubscribe

Please read the mailing list instructions

Posted by Mukherjee Arijit <mu...@tcs.com>.
Suddenly it seems like a concerted effort to flood the list with junk
mails. Such mails have been sent before, but not like this. Why would it
suddenly start with this frequency?

Arijit Mukherjee
Senior Scientist R&D; Innovation Lab
Tata Consultancy Services
Ph:- 913366367137
Cell:- 9903705285
Mailto: mukherjee.arijit@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Outsourcing

From:
anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>
To:
user@hadoop.apache.org,
Date:
08/09/2012 10:34 AM
Re: unsubscribe

To unsubscribe, you have to send a mail to
user-unsubscribe@hadoop.apache.org with subject line as unsubscribe.

Please read the instruction of mailing list before sending emails.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 8:48 PM, Jianjun Wu <jx...@gmail.com> wrote:

unsubscribe

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: unsubscribe

Posted by Ryan Rosario <uc...@gmail.com>.
unsubscribe

Re: unsubscribe

Posted by Ryan Rosario <uc...@gmail.com>.
unsubscribe

Please read the mailing list instructions

Posted by Mukherjee Arijit <mu...@tcs.com>.

From:
anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>
To: