Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shashikant Sarade <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/08 16:05:07 UTC

Web Services Client

Tell me which are languages in which I can deploy client for my Web
application??

I have AXIS 2 Services...
Client -???

RE: Web Services Client

Posted by "Betts, Hendry" <He...@viasat.com>.
Shashikant,

If you are looking for the JSP to call the service and get a value back (AJAX type call) I suggest you use the AJAX frameworks provided by libraries like Prototype to call a servlet that, as others have suggested, wrap the WSDL2Java generated client code with business logic.

Either you're going to have to tell us more about your intent or your output.  There just seems to be not enough information

Posted by Jaime Hablutzel Egoavil <ha...@gmail.com>.
SOAP web services isn't a easy technology, go and catch some tutorials
first about create server side web services and clients by hand (do not use
the IDE generator for learning)... so you understand what is really
happening, then you could need to learn how to use some debugging tools
like:

TCPMON to sniff what is really going through the network
SoapUI to test server web services the most easily way available
etc.

Good luck

--
Jaime Hablutzel - 9-9956-3299

(tildes omitidas intencionalmente)

Re: Web Services Client

Re: Web Services Client

Posted by John Patrick <nh...@gmail.com>.
What is the stack trace that you are getting?

1) General Java/JSP Compile/Deploy errors?
2) Axis Runtime Errors?

Have you confirm the client works outside of the JSP's?

With so little information and context to the errors your having it is
really have to help.

Re: Web Services Client

Posted by Shashikant Sarade <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Web Services Client

Posted by John Patrick <nh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Web Services Client

Posted by Shashikant Sarade <sh...@gmail.com>.
Can I use JSP ??

AW: Web Services Client

Posted by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch>.
Given your axis2 web service uses only simple data types (till now)
(no OMElement as parameter) you can use svcutil from Visual Studio to
generate a .NET WCF 3.5/4.0 client stub.

There is a utility integrated into Visual Studio 2008 and greater.
Just select the menu "Add ServiceReference", then enter the remote
running axis2 service EPR. i.e.
http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/Calculator?wsdl

And if you are lucky, you get a working stub which can marshal and
un-marshall your data properly.

So your languages are extended to VB.NET and C#.NET and maybe more
from the Microsoft World.

Josef

Re: Web Services Client

Posted by John Patrick <nh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Web Services Client

Posted by Kamal Mettananda <lk...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can use any language that supports web services. For example, it can be
Java itself with Axis1 or 2.

So many languages including Java, .net, Ruby, php support writing web
service clients. So it is up to you to decide which language to choose as
web service client.

Regards,
Kamal

Kamal Mettananda
http://www.digizol.org

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Shashikant Sarade <