Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jann Linder <ja...@jann.com> on 2002/07/25 00:55:13 UTC

[mp 2.0] v2.0.40 dev of apache

Thanks, Ward.

Now that I know this list is active,  I've a question.  I know the
development versions are all that is released of 2.0.40 of Apache2, however,
I have a need to use them due to 2.0.39's incompatibilities w/several key
features of PHP (can you say 'multiple cookies broken'?).  Having said that,
If I upgrade to 2.0.40, modperl 1.99_04 breaks with an AWFUL msg during
compile time.  (This is not the forum to troubleshoot the compile, though)
so I will just say does anyone know the average difference between an Apache
'official' release and the mod_perl official release supporting it?  My
question is kind of "Out there" I know...but since I must use 2.0.40 of
Apache2, I do not wish to lose my mod_perl which is actually more important
to me.

Any ideas?  Is there a dev cvs site for 'unreleased' modperl builds which we
can log in on?  Is there a separate team developing mod_perl or is is still
Mr. Stein?

I know, I know...lots of questions.  Thanks in advance.

Jann

--
Mr. Jann Linder
Director of Internet Development

Re: [mp 2.0] v2.0.40 dev of apache

Posted by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@apache.org>.

http://perl.apache.org/contribute/cvs_howto.html

>  Is there a separate team developing mod_perl or is is still Mr.
> Stein?

I think you are a bit confused here. :-)  Greg Stein made mod_dav.
mod_perl is primarily written by Doug MacEachern.
http://perl.apache.org/about/contributors/people.html

There's a mailinglist for the development of the mod_perl internals.

  - ask

ps. if you are not receiving frequent messages from the list you are
probably not subscribed.  Send mail to
modperl-subscribe@perl.apache.org to change that.

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://askbjoernhansen.com/   !try; do();