Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Philip S. Hempel" <sp...@linuxhardcore.com> on 2007/06/20 19:13:40 UTC

ldap: failed to load user scores from LDAP server

I have been getting this error for some time now and have been trying to
find the root cause of it.

spamd[2681]: ldap: failed to load user scores from LDAP server, ignored
(Can't locate object method "schema" via package "URI::ldap" at
/usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf/LDAP.pm line 133, <GEN13> line 2.

I did an upgrade about 2 weeks ago to perl and a few modules, I really am
not sure what part if caused this.

If anyone has a clue please help me out on this. I have looked through the
list and on the Net trying to find something close and I have come up with
very little. Really nothing related to spamassasin and ldap.

Thanks.

Philip S. Hempel

Re: ldap: failed to load user scores from LDAP server

Posted by "Philip S. Hempel" <sp...@linuxhardcore.com>.
> I have been getting this error for some time now and have been trying to
> find the root cause of it.
>

> spamd[2681]: ldap: failed to load user scores from LDAP server, ignored
> (Can't locate object method "schema" via package "URI::ldap" at
> /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf/LDAP.pm line 133, <GEN13> line 2.
>

> I did an upgrade about 2 weeks ago to perl and a few modules, I really am
> not sure what part if caused this.
>
> If anyone has a clue please help me out on this. I have looked through the
> list and on the Net trying to find something close and I have come up with
> very little. Really nothing related to spamassasin and ldap.

OK, after having looked around a bit I have found that when going from SA
3.1.7 to 3.2 there as been included the marked snippet in the ldap
lookups.

my $port   = $uri->port;
  my $base   = $uri->dn;
  my @attr   = $uri->attributes;
  my $scope  = $uri->scope;
  my $filter = $uri->filter;

  my $schema = $uri->schema;

                 <<<<<<<<<<<<<------

  my %extn   = $uri->extensions; # unused

Now for some reason perl uri does not include schema as part of it's
instructions for using uri::ldap

=head1 NAME

URI::ldap - LDAP Uniform Resource Locators

=head1 SYNOPSIS

  use URI;

  $uri = URI->new("ldap:$uri_string");
  $dn     = $uri->dn;
  $filter = $uri->filter;
  @attr   = $uri->attributes;
  $scope  = $uri->scope;
  %extn   = $uri->extensions;

  $uri = URI->new("ldap:");  # start empty
  $uri->host("ldap.itd.umich.edu");
  $uri->dn("o=University of Michigan,c=US");
  $uri->attributes(qw(postalAddress));
  $uri->scope('sub');
  $uri->filter('(cn=Babs Jensen)');
  print $uri->as_string,"\n";

=head1 DESCRIPTION

Notice that schema is not mentioned.

I looked and found that yes schema is used in perl net ldap but I would
assume if your going to use uri::ldap to parse the uri it needs to follow
uri::ldaps requirements.

I could be wrong, but it seems that the change made from 3.1 to 3.2 has
been implemented wrong.

Is  Net::LDAP::Schema what should be used for getting the schema instead?

Thanks

Philip S. Hempel