Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Homeijer <M....@devote.nl> on 2002/02/07 08:53:27 UTC

Getting dbxml to work with Cocoon and tomcat 4

Hi,

Can anybody give me some hints on how to get dbxml to work with cocoon and
tomcat 4. I tried placing jars in just about any location that could make
sense, but I can't get it working completely.
(OpenOrb is the initial problem, it cannot find its properties in the jar in
web-inf/lib).

TIA,
Michael Homeijer

PJA on AIX [was: Where is PJA?]

Posted by Moritz Petersen <de...@pnpconsult.com>.
OK, got it. Must have been a problem with my Internet connection.

Next question: did anyone run PJA on AIX successfully? Are there any
experiences with AIX, IBM WebSphere and PJA? Because it is quite off-topic,
off-list replys are apreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Moritz.

Where is PJA?

Re: Getting dbxml to work with Cocoon and tomcat 4

Posted by yuryx <yu...@mobicomk.donpac.ru>.
Michael Homeijer wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can anybody give me some hints on how to get dbxml to work with cocoon and
>tomcat 4. I tried placing jars in just about any location that could make
>sense, but I can't get it working completely.
>(OpenOrb is the initial problem, it cannot find its properties in the jar in
>web-inf/lib).
>
>TIA,
>Michael Homeijer

You found dbXML.jar in WEB-INF/lib?
Yury

Re: cocoon sitemap to match all xml files?

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Vishal Khatnani wrote:

> I would like to add a configuration on my sitemap that will match all
> xml files on my server and render using the appropriate stylesheet. I
> want it to look at the stylesheet specified in the xml file, and use
> that.

i'm not aware of any way to do that in c2, unfortunately. i suppose it's
possible that one could write a TraxTransformer variant that would queue
its incoming sax events, scan for the xml-stylesheet PI and only get a
Transformer instance after it found out what stylesheet to use... but it
would be a chore, and the general feeling in the c2 crowd is that the job
of associating xml resources with stylesheets is best handled in the
central sitemap.

> Before rendering, cocoon should look at the xml file, and see which one
> to use by figuring out what type of request it is. As far as I know, you
> specify in the xml file which xsl stylesheet to use according to the
> request. In this way, I can use different stylesheet names, (e.g.
> style-wap, style-web,etc.) and use the one which is appropriate.

see the browser selector example in the sample sitemap.

> Also, do you need <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?> in your xml file? I
> have migrated to cocoon 2 and you had to have this line in your xml
> files.... but do we need them in the latest version of cocoon?

you don't need them, they're ignored. doesn't hurt anything, but it may be
misleading for future developers on your team.

- donald

cocoon sitemap to match all xml files?

Posted by Vishal Khatnani <Vi...@Sun.com>.
Hi,

I would like to add a configuration on my sitemap that will match all
xml files on my server and render using the appropriate stylesheet. I
want it to look at the stylesheet specified in the xml file, and use
that.

Before rendering, cocoon should look at the xml file, and see which one
to use by figuring out what type of request it is. As far as I know, you
specify in the xml file which xsl stylesheet to use according to the
request. In this way, I can use different stylesheet names, (e.g.
style-wap, style-web,etc.) and use the one which is appropriate.

e.g: in the xml file:

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="style.xsl"?>

Also, do you need <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?> in your xml file? I
have migrated to cocoon 2 and you had to have this line in your xml
files.... but do we need them in the latest version of cocoon?

Please let me know,
Thanks!

--
Vishal Khatnani  -- x74287
Applications Support/Sys Admin

RE: Getting dbxml to work with Cocoon and tomcat 4

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Michael Homeijer [mailto:M.Homeijer@devote.nl]
>
> Hi,
>
> Can anybody give me some hints on how to get dbxml to work with cocoon
and
> tomcat 4. I tried placing jars in just about any location that could
make
> sense, but I can't get it working completely.
> (OpenOrb is the initial problem, it cannot find its properties in the
jar in
> web-inf/lib).

What you are trying to do with it?

To run Cocoon as dbXML client you need only dbxml.jar and juggernaut.jar
(not sure about the spelling - it's gone from xindice), and fire up
dbXML server on the local box. Then it will work out of the box (no
config file changes)

Vadim