Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Steven E Lumos <sl...@mabon.isri.unlv.edu> on 2001/09/05 23:39:30 UTC

xerces-c-src1_5_1.tar.gz broken?

Hi.

I downloaded xerces-c-src1_5_1.tar.gz twice but it won't untar, here
are the last few lines before tar exits:

x xerces-c-src1_5_1/Projects/MacOS/CodeWarrior/XercesSamples/SAX2Print/SAX2Print.mcp.xml, 214949 bytes, 420 tape blocks
x xerces-c-src1_5_1/Projects/MacOS/CodeWarrior/XercesSamples/XercesSampleSupport, 0 bytes, 0 tape blocks
x xerces-c-src1_5_1/Projects/MacOS/CodeWarrior/XercesSamples/XercesSampleSupport/CarbResource.r, 2868 bytes, 6 tape blocks
tar: directory checksum error

I just downloaded the zip file instead, which works fine.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, the archive
(archive.covalent.net) is apparently not working currently.

Steve

Re: xerces-c-src1_5_1.tar.gz broken?

Posted by Martin Kalen <ma...@todaysystems.com.au>.
Posted by Nicole <sp...@yahoo.com>.
I experienced the same problem when I extracted this
tar file.  I used the "i" option of the tar command to
ignore checksum errors.  I believe I read somewhere in
the archive that this error is caused by overly long
names.

Nicole

--- "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.