Posted to announcements@jakarta.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com> on 2000/05/17 00:47:24 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] New Jakarta Subproject -- Slide

The Jakarta Project Management Committee is pleased to announce the
formation of a new subproject called JAKARTA-SLIDE.  The purpose of this
subproject is to host software that implements a content management API,
and a servlet based implementation of the Distributed Authoring and
Versioning Protocol, also known as WebDAV.  The WebDAV servlet runs on
any servlet engine (including Tomcat) that conforms to the Servlet API
Specification, version 2.2 or later.

Information about the new subproject can be found on the Jakarta web
site <http://jakarta.apache.org>.  In addition, you can subscribe to one
or both of the mailing lists related to this subproject by sending an
empty message to:

* <a
href="mailto:slide-dev-subscribe@jakarta.apache.org">slide-dev-subscribe@jakarta.apache.org</a>

  to subscribe to the SLIDE-DEV list, which is focused on developers
  wishing to contribute to the development of SLIDE.  In addition,
  subscribers will receive mail notifications of all code check-ins
  to the corresponding CVS repository.

* <a
href="mailto:slide-user-subscribe@jakarta.apache.org">slide-user-subscribe@jakarta.apache.org</a>

  to subscribe to the SLIDE-USER list, which is for users who wish
  to ask questions about how to install and use the SLIDE software.

The initial source code for SLIDE is available through CVS (or via the
web site), in the "jakarta-slide" repository.

Craig McClanahan

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New Jakarta Subproject -- Slide

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Pat O'Neil wrote:

> "Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> >
> > The initial source code for SLIDE is available through CVS (or via the
> > web site), in the "jakarta-slide" repository.
> >

> Okay, did I miss something...
>
> I checked using cvs and rsync and I cannot get either to find
> a module by the name "jakarta-slide"...

I should have said *soon* available ... I'm waiting for one of the admins who
have root access on the server to make a required change so that the
jakarta-slide repository is visible to anonymous CVS.  Shouldn't take very
long.

I'm looking into the "rsync" accessibility -- I am not familiar with it, so
I've asked the appropriate questions.

> Thanks in advance!
> --
> Pat O'Neil - poneil@vention.com
>
> "Linux, where you want to BE, when Windows(tm) tells you where to GO!

Craig

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New Jakarta Subproject -- Slide

Posted by Pat O'Neil <po...@vention.com>.