Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by st...@comcast.net on 2017/03/29 20:29:57 UTC

WebPOS Setup

Hi,

I was looking at this document regarding the POS setup:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/POS+System

This in turn mentions another document here, described as "POS Setup Process":
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide#ApacheOFBizTechnicalProductionSetupGuide-POSSetupProcess

Unfortunately that document is an invalid link. Does anyone know if this was moved somewhere and is still available?

Basically, when starting with seed and no demo data, I'm looking for a way to log in to the WebPOS (I've already added the admin user and some other details). The problem is that WebPOS can't log in without picking a terminal ("Choose Terminal" is empty), but there are no terminals to choose, so I was hoping the above document would mention how to add a terminal. If that document is not available, perhaps someone could mention which menu or web page to use for adding terminals when there are none to start with.

Thanks!

Re: WebPOS Setup

Posted by st...@comcast.net.
Hi,

Under Asset Maintenance, Facility, I can change existing facilities, but cannot add a new one. Should there be a button for "Add New Facility"? Is a retail store not a facility in this context?

I do see that under Asset Maintenance, Fixed Assets has a button for New Fixed Asset, but this does not seem correct for adding a retail store. Same for New Maintenance...Maintenance items just doesn't seem like they are intended for adding a retail store facility. Perhaps I'm just not used to how the app words things.

Just for humor, a modified quote: My kingdom for an Add Facility button!

Thanks!

PS: I don't have a kingdom, YMMV.

----- Original Message -----From: Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>To: user@ofbiz.apache.orgSent: Mon, 03 Apr 2017 18:59:28 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: WebPOS Setup

Hi Dan,

You can add new facilities, as well as existing ones, through theassetmaint appl.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplacehttp://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Re: WebPOS Setup

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

> [...]

> something other than a facility in the setup application? E.G., some
> sub-menu of Company setup? Thanks! ----- Original Message -----From: Pierre
> Smits <pi...@gmail.com>To: user@ofbiz.apache.orgSent: Sun, 02 Apr
> 2017 07:02:50 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: WebPOS Setup
>
> HI Dan,
>
> Please ensure that there also is a:<Facility facilityId="MyRetailStore" />
> uploaded prior to uploading thedata regarding terminals,
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pierre Smits
>
> ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>OFBiz based solutions & services
>
> OFBiz Extensions Marketplacehttp://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
>
> On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 1:54 AM, <st...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > Just an apology for prior email formatting. It was nicely formatted and>
> readable, but comcast web mail strips the formatting and throws away my>

Re: WebPOS Setup

Posted by st...@comcast.net.

Re: WebPOS Setup

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
HI Dan,

Please ensure that there also is a:
<Facility facilityId="MyRetailStore" />  uploaded prior to uploading the
data regarding terminals,

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 1:54 AM, <st...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Just an apology for prior email formatting. It was nicely formatted and
> readable, but comcast web mail strips the formatting and throws away my
> work sometimes.

Re: WebPOS Setup

Posted by st...@comcast.net.
Just an apology for prior email formatting. It was nicely formatted and readable, but comcast web mail strips the formatting and throws away my work sometimes.

Re: WebPOS Setup

Posted by st...@comcast.net.
Just an update on an attempt to work around missing terminals. If I import the sample data and then export it to XML I get this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><entity-engine-xml>    <PosTerminal posTerminalId="pos-1" facilityId="MyRetailStore" terminalName="Pos Terminal 1" lastUpdatedStamp="2017-04-01 17:33:50.969" lastUpdatedTxStamp="2017-04-01 17:33:40.677" createdStamp="2017-04-01 17:33:50.969" createdTxStamp="2017-04-01 17:33:40.677"/>    <PosTerminal posTerminalId="pos-2" facilityId="MyRetailStore" terminalName="Pos Terminal 2" lastUpdatedStamp="2017-04-01 17:33:50.971" lastUpdatedTxStamp="2017-04-01 17:33:40.677" createdStamp="2017-04-01 17:33:50.971" createdTxStamp="2017-04-01 17:33:40.677"/>    <PosTerminal posTerminalId="pos-3" facilityId="MyRetailStore" terminalName="Pos Terminal 3" lastUpdatedStamp="2017-04-01 17:33:50.972" lastUpdatedTxStamp="2017-04-01 17:33:40.677" createdStamp="2017-04-01 17:33:50.972" createdTxStamp="2017-04-01 17:33:40.677"/></entity-engine-xml>
If I then clean the database and seed (no sample data), followed by webtools import of the XML, the WebPOS still has no terminals. There may be some other data to import which I do not know about. So using sample data as a partial import in order to get a terminal is not a workaround.

Re: WebPOS Setup

Posted by st...@comcast.net.
Hi,

I had hoped I could export the POS data and get a more or less empty XML dump which I could edit, but unfortunately empty tables do not export. I guess the next step is to put sample data back in, export, and edit the sample data XML files, drop sample data, re-seed, and then import the edited files.

I'll probably be adding a bug report too since there is no obvious way to add POS terminals (WebPOS, not older POS).

Thanks!

----- Original Message -----From: Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>To: user@ofbiz.apache.orgSent: Sat, 01 Apr 2017 11:40:07 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: WebPOS Setup

Data can be added and managed through the WEBTOOLS component.

Re: WebPOS Setup

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Re: WebPOS Setup

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 01/04/2017 � 00:53, stimits@comcast.net a �crit :
> Additional question: Is this URL current? It doesn't look anything like the WebPOS sample data, perhaps it is from the older POS instead of WebPOS:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/6553725/OFBiz%20POS%20User%20Manual%20-%20version%209.11.pdf?version=2&modificationDate=1391944202000&api=v2

Yes it applies only to the POS not the WebPos. It's from 2009, last time the POS was updated

> The reference to that URL came from here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/POS+System#POSSystem-OFBiz-POS(PointOfSales)
>
> I am assuming the whole page is out of date since it uses ant.

No it's up to date, but only if using the POS.

Jacques

Re: WebPOS Setup

Posted by st...@comcast.net.

----- Original Message -----From: Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>To: user@ofbiz.apache.orgSent: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 04:48:17 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: WebPOS Setup

Re: WebPOS Setup

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 30/03/2017 � 23:34, stimits@comcast.net a �crit :
> [...]

> Jacques

Re: WebPOS Setup

Posted by st...@comcast.net.
Hi,

Thanks for the update, links now work.

I still see older docs which don't seem to be correct for gradlew. In particular I'm thinking the command for starting a standalone POS might help as this would maybe create a terminal...and the current WebPOS can't be logged in to without a terminal. The command listed here does not exist in 16.11.01 (gradlew) ofbiz:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=65866466#ApacheOFBizTechnicalProductionSetupGuide-POSSetupProcess

That command (with jar file location being corrected) is:

Does anyone here know if WebPOS terminals are not actually something added as data and instead reflect actually running POS terminals? If so, how does one start a terminal under gradlew? If not, how does one add a terminal to the database since the POS app cannot be logged into without a pre-existing terminal (a bit of a proverbial "catch-22").

Re: WebPOS Setup

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 29/03/2017 � 22:29, stimits@comcast.net a �crit :

Re: WebPOS Setup

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Also this might help for filling Jira and such

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Contributors+Best+Practices

Jacques

Le 01/04/2017 � 12:01, Taher Alkhateeb a �crit :

Re: WebPOS Setup

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,