Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Aleksandr Mashchenko <am...@apache.org> on 2016/08/31 19:30:09 UTC

Struts 2.3 to 2.5 migration guide

Started Struts 2.3 to 2.5 migration guide -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Struts+2.3+to+2.5+migration

Feel free to improve / add additional steps (SMI, DMI, Tiles, etc.).

---
Regards,
Aleksandr

Re: Struts 2.3 to 2.5 migration guide

Posted by Yasser Zamani <ya...@live.com>.

On 10/10/2017 7:49 AM, selvi wrote:
> I am having issues with parameterinterceptor - setParameters method earlier
> version had parameters like Action , Value stack and map>
>
> Can you email me the code snippet for 2.5 parameterInterceptor -
> setParameters method?
>
> I done with all the changes except for this one?

I don't think you need to do any thing as it is an internal change of
Struts. However, below is it's signature; It seems last parameter has
changed from Map to HttpParameters.

import org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.HttpParameters;
protected void setParameters(final Object action, ValueStack stack,
HttpParameters parameters)

Re: Struts 2.3 to 2.5 migration guide

Posted by selvi <se...@gmail.com>.
I am having issues with parameterinterceptor - setParameters method earlier
version had parameters like Action , Value stack and map>

Can you email me the code snippet for 2.5 parameterInterceptor -
setParameters method?

I done with all the changes except for this one?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks
Selvi

--
Sent from: http://struts.1045723.n5.nabble.com/Struts-Dev-f3499899.html

Re: Struts 2.3 to 2.5 migration guide

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> Started Struts 2.3 to 2.5 migration guide -
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Struts+2.3+to+2.5+migration
>
> Feel free to improve / add additional steps (SMI, DMI, Tiles, etc.).

Nice work +1 :)

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Struts 2.3 to 2.5 migration guide

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> I don't have the rights to edit, so I post it here.
> After migrating our project I wrote the following notes:
>
> Class movements:
> com.opensymphony.xwork2.ValidationAware ->
> com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ValidationAware
>
> org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ServletActionRedirectResult ->
> org.apache.struts2.result.ServletActionRedirectResult
>
> org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ServletDispatcherResult ->
> org.apache.struts2.result.ServletDispatcherResult
>
> Tags attributes:
> "<s:property escape=" becomes "<s:property escapeHtml="

Done

Posted by Volker Krebs <vo...@abas.de>.
I don't have the rights to edit, so I post it here.
After migrating our project I wrote the following notes:

Class movements:
com.opensymphony.xwork2.ValidationAware ->
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ValidationAware

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ServletActionRedirectResult ->
org.apache.struts2.result.ServletActionRedirectResult

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ServletDispatcherResult ->
org.apache.struts2.result.ServletDispatcherResult

Tags attributes:
"<s:property escape=" becomes "<s:property escapeHtml="

Regards,
Volker