Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de> on 2018/09/04 09:46:36 UTC

[S7] Parser for new Syntax

Hi all,

I just had a short discussion with chris which I wanted to bring the results back tot he list.
As the new Syntax for S7 addressing is getting more and more complex I want to implement it not by regex (as currently is) but with an antlr4 grammar.
Antlr will be incorporated as maven plugin and run in the regular build process in the code-gen phase.

Julian

Re: [S7] Parser for new Syntax

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hey Otto,

yes, kind of.
Chris implemented most of the suggested syntax while doing the big pre-0.1.0 Release Refactoring.
So the new syntax is there but without a special or fancy new parser : )

Julian

Am 01.10.18, 16:17 schrieb "Otto Fowler" <ot...@gmail.com>:

    Did you end up doing this?

Re: [S7] Parser for new Syntax

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
I wrote down my thoughts on the format in confluence under https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=89070222
But I think we never filed a Jira for this.

Am 01.10.18, 16:52 schrieb "Otto Fowler" <ot...@gmail.com>:

    Is there a jira for the Anltr approach?  Does it reference the
    format/specification?

    On October 1, 2018 at 10:28:35, Christofer Dutz (christofer.dutz@c-ware.de)
    wrote:

    Hi Otto,

    well we did adjust the syntax to that of TIA portal, however the parser is
    still using the classical Regular expression.
    No Antlr4 version yet.

    So from a user's perspective we have done the change, however didn't
    implement it the way described here (But doesn't mean that we won't change
    that in the future)

    Chris

Re: [S7] Parser for new Syntax

Re: [S7] Parser for new Syntax