Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Willie Slepecki <ws...@irsystems.org> on 2003/01/14 01:44:07 UTC

TCPMon question

Quick background on me, I am a VB developer with more than a few years
experience that was recently charged with developing a java web service
on linux/apache/tomcat/axis to handle credit card transactions.  This is
my first time knowing they existed let alone how to use them.

I am getting the error something along the lines of null URI namespace,
I want to look at the soap transaction but I cant get TCPMon to run.  I
type in the command "java org.apache.axis.utilities.tcpmon" (or pretty
close to that, it's been a long day and im home now) and it comes back
saying bashrc cant find the command java.  I go to my java/bin and run
it from there and it comes back saying it can't find classes. All the
help docs I have found on the net say as long as you have java_home and
classpath set right it will run but none of them say how to set them up.
Any help please?

Thanks
Willie

Re: TCPMon question

Posted by Gene Chuang <ge...@yahoo.com>.
Zoiks!  Zero java experience and assigned to develop a java-based credit card txn Web
services heh?  Let me know what ecommerce site it is so I don't submit my CC#! :-)

Well I admire your bravery, so here a pointer:  put $JAVA_HOME/bin in your PATH
environment to get "java" and "javac".  Good luck from there!

Gene