Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Shultz, Dmitry" <Dm...@kaltire.com> on 2018/12/31 19:05:13 UTC

Checkout tag using Git component

Hi All,

I'm using Git component to work with a Git repo. Trying to check out some specific tag (like here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/791959/download-a-specific-tag-with-git)
Not sure, but it seems like the 'checkout' operation is not supported yet.
Do I have to use the JGit API for this or there is some other way to do it using camel-git?

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Dmitry

Re: R: Checkout tag using Git component

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I don't think it's big deal.

The "classic" approach is to clone the repo and then checkout on tag:

git clone https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/camel
git checkout ....

Regards
JB