Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st> on 2001/01/15 17:22:20 UTC

IE bug whith FOP-produced PDFs - again -sigh-

> > The Content-Disposition header is used to suggest a more appropriate
> > filename to the browser than the filename part of the request address
> > (see RFC 2616, section 19.5.1).
>
> > +     response.addHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;
> > filename=bar.pdf");
>
> I suggest to use response.setHeader instead, because addHeader doesn't
> exist in JSDK2.1 or below and thus won't run with JServ.

...I thought we got it working. But #&* IE gives nothing but a blank
screen until we hit the reload button.

We tried:

1. order.xml?.pdf&media=pdf
   -> blank screen
2. order.xml?media=pdf with
   add/setHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;filename=order.pdf");
   -> two popups for open/save
   and also
   add/setHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline;filename=order.pdf");
   -> blank screen
3. We even mapped *.pdf to C1 and got
   order.pdf?media=pdf
   -> blank screen

(media=pdf creates the stylesheet PI as you might have assumed)

We're loosing all our hair.. ;)

I know this is a never ending thread...
..did we miss something?
--
Torsten

RE: IE bug whith FOP-produced PDFs - again -sigh-

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
Thanks for your efforts man! You are absolutely right!
We tried it with all our IE versions (5-5.5 with/without
ServicePack). Always the same behavior.

Now what.. put white text in background to make it bigger?! ;)
(Maybe we are lucky and the final content is enough)

Would be interesting at which size it wraps to working.

I remember the initial problem was the undefined
Content-Length, right?!
--
Torsten

Posted by Peter Jacobs <pe...@advalvas.be>.