Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/14 23:45:52 UTC

[validator] Towards a release

I'd like to get a release of commons-validator out the door, as Struts
1.3 would like to use some of its new bug fixes and features.

I'm pretty new to validator, so I'm not familar with its history.  Any
reason we haven't released 1.2?  In the past when I fixed bugs, folks
backported them to the 1.1.x branch; why not just roll 1.2 or at least
roll it in addition to a bug fix release for 1.1.x?

There are a couple more validator open bugs that I can sew up, if I
saw a release as a near-term possibility.

LMK, thanks,

Don

Re: [validator] Towards a release

Posted by Rob Leland <le...@speakeasy.net>.
I believe I applied the form inheritance patch back in early 2004, and
at the time we
were trying to get a stable version of Validator out for Struts 1.2.X
series and creating the
Branch seemed the thing to do. 1.2 is also the version that David
removed deprecated
methods so releasing  1.2 seemed like it could wait incase any more
refactoring took place
that would further change the interface.

-Rob

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
+1 to you being the release manager.

Niall