Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "P.M" <pm...@yahoo.com> on 2006/01/07 14:07:05 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.0.55 / alias and windows folders

Hi,

I'm new in Apache HTTP and i have some questions regarding ALIAS command.

i do not want to place all my websites developped under the documentroot folder, so based on documentation, i've tried to use an alias....without success.

just after the documentroot definition, i wrote that :

ALIAS /test "E:/MyTestFolder"

<Directory "E:/MyTestFolder">
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

When i run my internet browser, i should be able to reach my website stored in this folder, by typing :

http://localhost/test/index.php or
http://localhost/test/index.html..... as it depends on my first page.

But nothing works.

So, could you let me know what i did not do, or what i did wrong ?

thanks a lot,
Maileen

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Photos

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.55 / alias and windows folders

Posted by "P.M" <pm...@yahoo.com>.
I've found what was the error.
In fact, the Alias is case-sensitive and my Driver letter was in capital letter instead of tiny. ;-(

stupid mistake.

Everything works well now.

Maileen

Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> wrote: On 1/7/06, P.M
 wrote:

> But nothing works.

First tell us exactly what happens when you try it, including the
relevant messages in your browser, the error log and the access log.

Joshua.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.