Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Oliver Becker <ob...@obqo.de> on 2008/04/21 13:21:39 UTC

Update model values is executed without a proper h:form element

Hi MyFaces implementors,

we've just encountered the following behaviour in MyFaces 1.1.5:
Normally the update model value phase will be executed for those input
components only that are children (or descendants) of the submitted
form. However, if you place such an element (for example h:inputText)
outside of an h:form or accidentally inside a pure HTML form then the
model values will be updated even though no active submitted form is
present for these elements.

I suppose that this is rather a bug than a feature.

Cheers,
Oliver

Re: Update model values is executed without a proper h:form element

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
The form just produces an HTML form. All UIComponents in the tree are
decoded, validated and updated per the specification. I believe that
the core input* and select* controls do not update if the
submittedValue for an EditableValueHolder is null. Therefore, you
should check to see what form values are being sent to the server and
if need be, check the decoding of the components to see if they are
getting a null or non-null value.

-Andrew