Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com> on 2005/08/09 21:14:02 UTC

Re: Apache::DBI patches

Joe Thomas wrote:
> Hi Philip,
>
> I notice that you're maintaining a new version of Apache::DBI.  About a
> year ago, I posted a couple of patches to the mod_perl list, and sent
> them to Ask, but never received any response.  My patch fixes a problem
> with database rollback/cleanup when more than one database handle is
> used.  It fit well with another (similarly ignored) patch posted by
> Patrick Mulvany in 2003.  His patch caches many of the database state
> attributes (AutoCommit, PrintError, RaiseError, etc.), and restores them
> to their initial values when a handle is reused.
>
> The attached patch applies to Apache-DBI-0.99 from your site, and
> includes both changes.  Can you take a look and let me know if you'd
> consider including them?

I'll attempt take a look at this sometime this week.  At first glance I
think I have some questions about it.  I'll get back to you after more
thorough investigation.

Please CC the modperl@perl.apache.org list as I'm not technically the
maintainer, Ask still is, and its supposed to a community maintained module.

Thanks for the work and repeated effort.

P.S.
   I CC'ed the list.
--
END