Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/19 20:22:52 UTC

Heads up: SVN moving companions around

Hi,

as discussed before a loooooong while I would like to finally merge
the companions. Goal is to move component, zeroconf and receivers into
extras.
I am not sure if we excluded zeroconf from moving, please remind me if I forgot.

Anyway this is what I am intending to execute soon:

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/companions/
log4j-companions
cd log4j-companions

svn mv receivers/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/log4j
extras/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/receivers
svn mv receivers/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/log4j
extras/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/log4j/receivers
svn mv receivers/trunk/src/test/resources/org/apache/log4j
extras/trunk/src/test/resources/org/apache/log4j/receivers

svn mv component/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/log4j
extras/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/component
svn mv component/trunk/src/test/resources/org/apache/log4j
extras/trunk/src/test/resources/org/apache/log4j/component
svn mv component/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/log4j
extras/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/log4j/component

svn mv zeroconf/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/net
extras/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/zeroconf
svn mv zeroconf/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/log4j
extras/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/log4j/zeroconf
# no resources for zeroconf

svn commit -m 'moved components to extras'

Please mind the change of the package. After this move I will correct
the package names. This means, for a short while the code will not
compile.
Object, if for some reasons this pacakge change is not possible (Note:
code has not been released so far).

Once this is done, we can merge necessary site content and afterwards
delete the unnecessary svn repos.

Please let me know if you see any problems with that. I will perform
these commands next time i have a free slot.

Cheers,
Christian

Re: Heads up: SVN moving companions around

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On May 19, 2012 8:50 PM, "Scott Deboy" <sc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ZeroConf really doesn't need to go as the multicastDNS support is now
built in to all of the network-based appenders and receivers via reflection
(you enable it via a config setting on the receiver or appender).

Ok cool. Then lets skip zeroconf
Thanks

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.