Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Kaushik Mukherjee <km...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/28 19:39:08 UTC

Schema updates for JMS wire formats and operation selection

Hi,

I am looking to make updates to the osoa schemas to help validate the
use of request and response wire formats. One problem I was running
into was keeping the "any" element in the ##other namespace when the
wire format elements are in the tuscany namespace. For example,
something like this in a schema where
targetNamespace="http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0":

    <element ref="ts:wireFormat" minOccurs="0"/>
    <any maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" namespace="##other"
processContents="lax"/>

is not valid because it is ambiguous whether an element outside of the
osoa namespace maps to the first element or the any element. I believe
this is an issue for any new elements we add outside of the osoa
namespace where we have an "any" element present, such as with
<tns:operationSelector.jmsUser> or <tns:operationSelector.jmsCustom>.
It seems that there are two options to work around this:

1) Put the wire format (and op selection) elements in the osoa
namespace instead of the tuscany namespace and leave the any element
as is.

2) Remove the any element and leave the wire format (and op selection)
elements in the tuscany namespace.

I'm not that familiar with schema so maybe there is a simpler solution
to this problem where we can keep the additional elements in the
tuscany namespace and also leave the any element in place for
extensibility.

Thanks,
Kaushik