Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Guofeng Zhang <gu...@radvision.com> on 2007/06/04 12:41:02 UTC

How to customize the context paths for several web application.

Hi,

We have four web applications that deployed on Tomcat 6.0 at the same
time. Some special customers want to use special context paths to access
them, so I think the easiest way is to use context.xml to define the
context paths.

I do not know how to do it? Can you kindly give me a sample? Thanks

As I know, the context.xml is placed in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/context.xml.
This way we can only define one context path.

Thanks for your help!

Guofeng

Re: How to customize the context paths for several web application.

Posted by "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu>.
On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 06:41:02PM +0800, Guofeng Zhang wrote:
> We have four web applications that deployed on Tomcat 6.0 at the same
> time. Some special customers want to use special context paths to access
> them, so I think the easiest way is to use context.xml to define the
> context paths.
>
> I do not know how to do it? Can you kindly give me a sample? Thanks
>
> As I know, the context.xml is placed in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/context.xml.
> This way we can only define one context path.

There are five places where a Context may be defined.  You probably
want either '$CATALINA_HOME/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/pathname.xml'
or (within the app. itself) 'META-INF/context.xml'.  In the former
case you would specify the path by the naming of the file; in the
latter, you would code a 'path' attribute in the Context element.

Typically when a software vendor says that a product is "intuitive" he
means the exact opposite.