Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Steve Porter <st...@trigent.com> on 2007/03/13 16:50:09 UTC

Cannot load mod_axis2.dll into server. The specified module could not be found.

Hello,

I am very new to both Web Services and Axis.  I installed Axis 1.6 (the
build from Aug-06), along with Apache 2.2.  I have followed all the
instructions to create and deploy my web service.  However, when I try to
start the HTTP server, the first error I kept getting was

 "httpd: Syntax error on line 487 of C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache
Software Foundation/Apache2.2/modules/mod_axis2.dll into server: The
specified module could not be found."

At some point I determined that the mod_axis2.dll file probably was being
found, but it could not find the msvcp70.dll and msvcr70.dll (which are not
included in the install kit).  After finding those online someplace, I got
the same error, but determined that the missing dll was probably libapr.dll.
The Apache2.2 installation includes a libapr-1.dll.  So taking a simplistic
approach, I copied libapr-1.dll to libapr.dll.  Now I get

"httpd: Syntax error on line 487 of C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: API module structure 'axis_module' in
file  C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/modules/mod_axis2.dll is garbled - perhaps this is not
an Apache module DSO?"

So at this point I am sure I am doing many things wrong, could somebody tell
me what they are?

Thanks, Steve

Steve Porter

Trigent Software Inc.