Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Martin Obreshkov <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/29 16:48:48 UTC

extract text problem

Hi i want to extract text from a PDF file (Book) and than to index the book
content. When i extract the text there are no new lines, tabs , etc .... How
can i extract text from pdf and keep the original formatting (mainly for new
lines and tabs).

--
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will
take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh,

Re: extract text problem

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi Martin,

what version of PDFBox are you using? Did you ever try the sort-option
of the ExtractText commandline tool?

Andreas Lehmkühler