Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Benjamin Jugl <be...@ecomify.de> on 2019/02/22 16:11:13 UTC

sendMail causes NPE (OFBIZ-10706)

Hello fellow developers,

I just checked my open Jira-Issues and look, what I found:

OFBIZ-10706 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10706> !

In Short:
I found an NPE caused by /EmailServices.sendMail/ and provided a Patch
that expanded the /sendMailOnePartInterface/ to have sendFrom mandatory,
just as sendTo.

The alternative solution would have been, to catch the NPE and try to
send the Email without a sendFrom, no matter what.

Jacques Le Roux asked me to ask you, if this change might disrupt custom
projects of you. So please give me/us notice, if this is the case.

Re: sendMail causes NPE (OFBIZ-10706)

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@apache.org>.
+1, Its good to make sendFrom mandatory for sendMail service.

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
ofbiz.apache.org

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Benjamin,

I sent feedback when you asked for it back in December:
https://ofbiz.markmail.org/thread/zgxbefdd2jn3otgk

Regards
Scott