Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by st...@wissel.net on 2005/06/07 11:10:25 UTC

Mix form based and basic authentication in one web-app?

Hi there,

I have two servlets. One is configured to listen to "/forms/*" and the
other to "/documents/*".
I configured a security realm, so users need to use form based
authentication when accessing "/forms/*".
Can I, in the same web.xml configure a second security realm that uses
basic authentication? We need the basic since the /documents/* servlet
serves webDAV and Webfolders doesn't do form based authentication. Would
that work?
:-) stw

Re: Mix form based and basic authentication in one web-app?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
stephan@wissel.net wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have two servlets. One is configured to listen to "/forms/*" and the
> other to "/documents/*".
> I configured a security realm, so users need to use form based
> authentication when accessing "/forms/*".
> Can I, in the same web.xml configure a second security realm that uses
> basic authentication? We need the basic since the /documents/* servlet
> serves webDAV and Webfolders doesn't do form based authentication. Would
> that work?
> :-) stw

No can do. webapps are allowed no more than 1 form of authentication.

Maybe use two web applications?

Mark