Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Oleg Kobyakovskiy <ok...@dinos.net> on 2002/03/27 15:53:22 UTC

CGI or not CGI. That is the question

Hello all,

I have the next problem.
I have an instruction in httpd.conf file:
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
It works fine. But. I'm trying to copy come.cgi file to some.cgi.txt
file. I think I have to get this file like text document not like CGI.
But I see the same. So some.cgi and sopme.cgi.txt work the same. Is it a
bug?

Apache vercion is: Server version: Apache/1.3.22 (Unix)

If it works right how can I do the different .cgi and .cgi.txt?
I tryed to add the instruction:
RemoveHandler .cgi.*
but it still the same.
I do not know what can go after .cgi. that is why I put .cgi.*

Does somebody know how can I do it?

Thanks all for any ideas.

--
Best regards.