Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Sam Wootton <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/13 13:17:25 UTC

Invalid implementation Error

Hi,

Thanks in advance for any help / advice.

I am running opensuse 11.4.

I am trying to use ant, but get:

*Invalid implementation version between Ant core and Ant optional tasks.
>  core    : 1.7.1
>  optional: null*

I downloaded:

ant_optional_1_4_1.jar

and put it in /use/share/ant/lib

The error msg seems fairly clear, but i dont know how to fix it.

ant -version:
*
*

> *Apache Ant version 1.7.1 compiled on February 19 2011*

ant -diagnostics:

*------- Ant diagnostics report -------*
> *Apache Ant version 1.7.1 compiled on February 19 2011*
>
> *-------------------------------------------*
> * Implementation Version*
> *-------------------------------------------*
> *core tasks     : 1.7.1*
> *optional tasks : not available*
>
> *-------------------------------------------*
> * ANT PROPERTIES*
> *-------------------------------------------*
> *ant.version: Apache Ant version 1.7.1 compiled on February 19 2011*
> *ant.java.version: 1.6*
> *ant.core.lib: /usr/share/java/ant-1.7.1.jar*
> *ant.home: /usr/share/ant*
>
> *-------------------------------------------*
> * ANT_HOME/lib jar listing*
> *-------------------------------------------*
> *ant.home: /usr/share/ant*
> *ant-launcher.jar (12195 bytes)*
> *ant-launcher-1.7.1.jar (12195 bytes)*
> *ant-1.7.1.jar (1330208 bytes)*
> *ant.jar (1330208 bytes)*
> *ant_optional_1_4_1.jar (468566 bytes)*
> *ant-bootstrap-1.7.1.jar (18841 bytes)*
> *ant-bootstrap.jar (18841 bytes)*
>
> *-------------------------------------------*
> * USER_HOME/.ant/lib jar listing*
> *-------------------------------------------*
> *user.home: /home/sam*
> *No such directory.*

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Sam

Re: Invalid implementation Error

Posted by Sam Wootton <sa...@gmail.com>.
HI,

thanks for your help.  i understand what you're saying about it being a
standalone system.  i guess its a mixture of "well, this SHOULD work... its
a new system", and the fact that i've had problems before, when ignoring the
Yast package manager (albeit for a webserver, not just a build tool... but
still).

So, what you're saying is, that a new, direct, download of ant, will have
this jar and therefore not complain about missing classes.

i think we've established that its not an obvious configuration issue i've
missed.

many thanks. i'll investigate and contact opensuse if it is the case that
ant doesnt have all dependencies in the initial pkg download.

Regards, Sam

Posted by Michael Ludwig <mi...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Sam Wootton <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Michael, Glenn, thank you for your help.

Michael , i think with opensuse its a bad idea to ignore the repository /
software management way of downloading and installing software.  the system
can get in a real mess.  its far better to let it put the software where it
wants to.

Glenn, this is a brand new install of opensuse 11.4, and i installed ant via
the package manager, so yes, it does come listed as  repository.

I downloaded ant_optional_1_4_1.jar separately, as i got the "depend.Depend"
class not found, so i assume that it did NOT come downloaded with the
opensuse version of ant?

Any ideas on how to fix this (surely new opensuse install and new ant
download, should have everything i need?)

Many thanks for your help.

Regards, Sam

Posted by glenn opdycke-hansen <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Ludwig <mi...@gmx.de>.