Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/10/23 14:39:54 UTC

WWW Form Bug Report: "When Run, got an error message, "mmap: Operation not supported"" on HPUX (fwd)

acked.

Can someone compile a HPUX binary without mmap ?

rob.

----- Forwarded message from somchin@mozart.inet.co.th -----

From: somchin@mozart.inet.co.th
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Wed Oct 23  4:17:03 1996

Operating system: HPUX, version: 9.04

Symptoms:
--
My machine is HP 800series with HPUX 9.04 OS.

First, I downloaded Apache_1.1 in source code format,
and then I compiled it on my machine. It did not
be compiled sucessfully.  I concluded that it was
because I was using C compiler that came with the
OS of my machine (the free one).

Second, I downloaded Apache_1.1 in binary format
(Apache_1.1_HPUX9.07). After set the
configuration and run it, I got error messages

"mmap: Operation not supported"
"httpd: could not mmap memory"

and httpd did not start.  What could I do next?

Thanks in advance if you can help.  I really want
to use Apache as a http server in my company.

Sincerely Yours,
Somchin Leelaket (from Thailand)