Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Roy Teeuwen <ro...@teeuwen.be> on 2018/03/14 12:01:11 UTC

Unlocking a resource

Hey all,

I am trying to unlock a resource in a job that needs to modify the resource or subresources, but since upgrading to service resource resolvers this doesn't seem to be supported anymore. When doing the following code, I get the exception "Not an owner of the lock /content/my-site/nl/my-page/jcr:content".

```
LockManager lockManager = resourceResolver.adaptTo(Session.class).getWorkspace().getLockManager();
lockManager.unlock(lockedResource.getPath());
```

I tried to use the impersonate from service and then doing the unlock with a lockmanager from that session but it still is not possible to do it.

```
def session = slingRepository.impersonateFromService("my-service", new SimpleCredentials("my-user", "".toCharArray()), (String)null);
```

The only solution I have is to not use service resource resolvers, but this would be the first case where I would have to allow the login admin for a specific bundle so I would like to avoid it

Anyone has a solution for this?

Thanks!
Roy

Re: Unlocking a resource

Posted by Roy Teeuwen <ro...@teeuwen.be>.
Hey Robert,

I have tried adding the service user to the "administrators" group, and that didn't fix. So that probably means that the following code means that it has to be exactly the "admin" user?

if (a != null && !a.isGroup()) {
	return ((User) a).isAdmin();
}

I guess there is no alternative than using the login whitelist then, thats a pity. And from oak 1.10 I can just drop the code of unlocking, even better hehe.

Thanks!
Roy

Re: Unlocking a resource

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.