Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by "jack@is-land.com.tw" <ja...@is-land.com.tw> on 2017/09/07 02:13:19 UTC

When is support for the AMD GPU driver on Mesos?

Hi all:
So far, The Mesos GPU resources only support the Nvidia driver.

When is support for the AMD GPU driver or another GPU driver on Mesos?

Thanks.

Re: When is support for the AMD GPU driver on Mesos?

Posted by "jack@is-land.com.tw" <ja...@is-land.com.tw>.

On 2017-09-07 10:28, Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org> wrote:
> AMD support is not planned, no users have asked for it as far as I know.
>
> Nvidia support in mesos means:
>
> (1) Automatic detection of the GPUs via the NVML libraries.
> (2) Enforced isolation via device access.
> (3) Automatically making the nvidia driver libraries available within the
> container.
>
> We looked briefly at it, but I don't know how to do (1) or (3) for AMD.
> Does AMD ship a management library equivalent to NVML? I'm also not
> familiar with the AMD landscape, does it have an equivalent to CUDA?
>
> Ben
>
> On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 7:13 PM, jack@is-land.com.tw <ja...@is-land.com.tw>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all:
> > So far, The Mesos GPU resources only support the Nvidia driver.
> >
> > When is support for the AMD GPU driver or another GPU driver on Mesos?
> >

> > Thanks.
> >
> Yes, I see.

Thank you for your quick reply.

AMD GPU driver can use OpenCL library. But I'm not sure if the CUDA is equivalent to OpenCL or not.

Re: When is support for the AMD GPU driver on Mesos?

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org>.