Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Blargy <zm...@hotmail.com> on 2010/06/17 21:01:10 UTC

DismaxRequestHandler

I have a title field and a description filed. I am searching across both
fields but I don't want description matches unless they are within some slop
of each other. How can I query for this? It seems that im getting back crazy
results when there are matches that are nowhere each other

Re: DismaxRequestHandler

Posted by Joe Calderon <ca...@gmail.com>.
see yonik's post on nested queries
http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2009/03/31/nested-queries-in-solr/

so for example i thought you could possibly do a dismax query across
the main fields (in this case just title) and OR that with
_query_:"{!description:'oil spill'~4}"

Re: DismaxRequestHandler

Re: DismaxRequestHandler

Posted by Joe Calderon <ca...@gmail.com>.
the qs parameter affects matching , but you have to wrap your query in
double quotes,ex

q="oil spill"&qf=title description&qs=4&defType=dismax

im not sure how to formulate such a query to apply that rule just to
description, maybe with nested queries ...